Why Summer is the Best Time for Commercial Flat Roof Repairs
March 28, 2020
Never ignore a commercial flat roof repair, trouble comes in many forms, and it can be costly. Your commercial flat roof is the most important asset of your business; it keeps your staff warm and dry and provides a safe environment. The best time for a commercial flat roof replacement in Toronto is in the spring and summer. More to the point, the summer is the best time for any work topside, and that is why commercial roofing services encourage their customers to do the work between May and September.
6 Reasons Why Summer is Ideal for Commercial Flat Roof Repairs
- Less Demand – In the spring, roofers tend to have a steady flow of work originating from the trials of the winter. When summer rolls around, roofers have less to do, and it is a quieter period during the business cycle. Conversely, in the winter, roofers are exceptionally busy making repairs in emergency situations to prevent catastrophic results for their customers. It makes sense to book any roofing work you need for summer months as reputable contractors are waiting for your call.
- Easier Conditions – The degree of difficulty is drastically reduced when you have your building re-roofed in the summer. For commercial applications that require liquids to be applied to the roof surface, it is a prime period for drying of the substances. The liquid is a necessary evil when installing a roof membrane on your commercial structure.
- Easier to Spot any Roofing Problems – To detect roofing problems, you need the eye test to help with any determination that demands service. In the summer, without snow or rain to interfere with the assessment, problems are identified quickly. In optimal conditions, roofing work comes off without a hitch, as opposed to re-roofing a building in frigid temperatures.
- More Competitive Prices – The roofing business has its ebbs and flows, and as we mentioned, they are busy in the winter. When you book roofing work in the summer, a better price can be acquired as roofers have less work to do.
- Increased Efficiency – To get the roof your building so badly needs, book your contractor for summer work. They will have a better focus as they are less likely to be spread too thinly due to large volumes of work that come in the fall and winter months. Working in excellent conditions will show better results for the re-roofing work, and that bodes well for a roof’s longevity.
- Staying Ahead – Maintaining a reliable roofing maintenance schedule will alleviate costly repairs that come from waiting for something to go wrong. Summer repairs or roof replacements position your building ably to meet the challenges that winter weather presents at a fraction of the costs.
Get Comprehensive Commercial Roofing Services from the Experts
For a detailed assessment of your roofing needs, there is only one place to turn, and that is our company, Integrity Roofers. We use best practices that are at the cutting edge of the industry to deliver quality commercial roofing solutions that last decades.
We have the resources and the expertise to diagnose your problems and provide practical solutions to counter your problems. Our advice is unsurpassed, and our results speak for themselves.