Roofing Contractors in Rosedale
The neighbourhood of Rosedale has a rich history that dates back decades. It is home to the most affluent community in Toronto, and the area is the former estate of William Botsford Jarvis. It is said that the estate got its name from his wife, who happened to be the granddaughter of William Dummer Powell. Wild roses grew in abundance at the estate, and it was so christened as Rosedale. The suburb is located just outside downtown Toronto and is home to ‘old money’ that is one of Toronto’s most expensive neighbourhoods. Rosedale residents often hire roofing companies to visit their homes for eavestrough installation, eavestrough repairs, and eaves cleaning in Toronto to keep their stately mansions in pristine condition. The area we know as Rosedale is bordered by the CPR railway tracks to the north, west at Yonge St., Aylmer Ave, and Rosedale Ave to the south, and Bayview Ave in the east. Nestled in the Rosedale-Moore Park neighbourhood, the area is divided north and south by the Park Dr. Ravine.
Rosedale Roofing Installations – Residential and Commercial
- As a business, commercial venture, or industrial concern, the roof is the single biggest asset a company can have. It is vital for the owner or property manager to maintain the roof to keep the business humming along. When the end of the life cycle catches up with any roof, a repair might be in order, or a complete retrofit for the roofing system may be necessary. In general, the weather is the single biggest enemy of any roofing system, and the effects of the weather can harm operations. Using a roofing contractor to keep problems from affecting business is a form of insurance that should be a feature of any maintenance plan for a structure.
- Slate roofs are a thing of beauty and have been an essential roofing system for time eternal. The slate roof is long-lasting, over 100 years, and it exudes charm on the structure it covers. The strength of a slate roof comes from the many features it provides to homeowners. It is durable, strong, fireproof, and an excellent electrical insulator. Many prestigious buildings have slate roofs, and many churches in Europe and Canada have state roofs that have withstood centuries of abuse. The slate roof is value for money in a way that other roofing systems aren’t. If you have a metal roof or asphalt shingle roof, you will re-roof your building three to four times compared to the slate roof’s lifespan. Slate is virtually waterproof; it absorbs less than one percent of water. Maintenance for a slate roof is minimal due to the durability factor baked into every slate roof installed. It doesn’t support environments where insects or vermin can establish a foothold and is mould and mildew resistant.
- Shingle roofs provide many benefits for a consumer. They are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. If you need maintenance, remove some damaged shingles, and replace them. Using our company, Integrity Roofers, we will document all the roofing problems we’ve been asked to repair and show you how we have repaired the problem. It all starts with a detailed inspection of the roof to determine the issues then we enact solutions based on years of experience and expertise. Once complete, we provide a warranty for material and labour. If you need a new roof, we offer a 12-year warranty and a 10-year labour warranty to guarantee our work quality. Our repair work encompasses the following areas: Leak prevention, asphalt shingle replacement, eavestrough cleaning (repair/replacement), skylight leaks, tile roof repair, ice damming remediation, chimney failure, and other invasions, animal damage, storm damage, vent problems, rooftop snow removal soffit, and fascia problems, neglect of roof valleys, gutter filters, and worn or damaged flashing. When you purchase a new roofing system, ask about the prorated and non-prorated manufacturer’s warranty to get the best possible coverage for your new roofing system. A non-prorated manufacturer’s warranty covers everything for a specified time, while a non-prorated warranty comes with conditions that determine coverage.
- Your home reflects your character, and it is important to put your best foot forward when showing off your home. Siding is a way to show off your home, and the best part of siding is that you can have a myriad of colours and styles to suit your personality and building design. Siding has the benefit of being a great product when you want to add insulation to the mix. When appropriately installed, siding is a natural barrier that stops heat leaks from the inside and drafts from the outside. You get savings on heating and cooling bills due to a siding installation that adds up over the years. At Integrity Roofers, we have many years working with siding and siding repairs to keep home comfortable and cozy for their inhabitants. Our job is done with cutting edge technology and best-practice industry standards.
- Natural light, we all crave sunshine, and it is good for us. Vitamin D is a component of sunshine, and it is a mood enhancer. Skylights make for a great addition to any business or home, and the style and size can be ordered to suit any need or want. When natural light is what you want, skylights outperform vertical windows, they let in 100 percent more natural light than their vertical cousins, and that reduces electricity consumption in the process. The natural environment is enhanced when you have starlight or sunshine radiating into your home, and they make for a great selling feature. To get the best in a skylight, purchase a premium grade skylight installed correctly to prevent leaks. Include blind controls, all-season glazing, and weather-tight flashing, and you have a recipe for success with new skylights. The best type of skylight is a curb-mounted skylight; they are less leak-prone than self-sealing skylights and can be removed for repairs where necessary. Let our company, Integrity Roofers, show all the variations of skylights we install and service for your home improvement project. We are the go-to company for skylight installation, repair, and replacement in the Greater Toronto Area because we the experts.
Gutters, Soffits, And Fascia
Your secondary support roofing system is your gutters, soffit, and fascia, and they work together to help with a variety of tasks. The fascia is a strip of wood installed behind the eavestrough and is sometimes clad with aluminum. The soffit supports the underside of your eavestrough. The eavestrough carries water from the roof to the downspouts that disperse the water away from the house. Having a reliable system is vital to maintain your home in good condition. Damage prevention is what an eavestrough does. It protects shingles, underlayment, brick, and other parts of the roofing system. The soffit helps circulate air that protects the attic from moisture that causes mould and mildew. Eavestroughs are made of many different substances like copper, aluminum, and galvanized metal products. The soffit and fascia come from traditional sources like plywood, vinyl, and aluminum.
Quality eavestroughs, fascia, and soffits add to the curb appeal of any home, and they become a conversation piece when people see them at your home. When you develop a roofing maintenance plan, gutter cleaning should rank right up there with regular roof inspections. Keeping your gutter free to move water is an important job. Debris causes overflow at the channel, leading to all sorts of unintended consequences for a homeowner. Call on us at Integrity Roofers for your entire gutter cleaning needs as we conduct a thorough inspection to determine what needs to be done, then we act on the results. When installing new gutters, a process needs to be followed to ensure success. It starts with planning; then, we pre-assemble the parts, downspouts, and outlets are added, hanging gutter sections attached, and then add flashing to finish the job.
Rosedale Roof Repairs and Replacements
Shingle Damage and Leaks
- Some of the common causes of shingle damage come from the climate. In a four seasons country like Canada, shingles are under pressure from the temperature all the time. In the summer, they expand, and in the winter, they contract, which creates an opportunity for damage to occur. To avoid costly roof repairs, inspect at least once per year; twice a year is recommended by us at Integrity Roofers to monitor your roof’s condition. You can identify small problems before they become catastrophic and keep your home in good condition. Things to look for when inspecting your roof are missing shingles, shingles that appear to be buckling, shingles that flap in the breeze, blank spots where your flashing should be, shingles that curing at the corners, and an absence of granules on the shingles are signs of problems. Also, check to see how old the roof is; it might be time for a replacement due to the shingles’ end-of-life cycle. At Integrity Roofers, we have the gamut of shingles, from cedar shakes, slate tiles, asphalt composite shingles, and many more when you need a repair for your roof.
Gutters, Soffits, Fascia
- Cracks in the trim at the fascia, a clogged gutter, or soffit that can’t recycle air to the attic are all problems that need to be corrected. Water insects and vermin can enter through openings in any area of your roof. A cracked of filled gutter means water is running everywhere but to the downspout; this will cause significant problems around the foundation and at the roof’s edge. The water will compromise the fascia, and over time, it creates leaks for water entry. The soffit is the roofing system’s lung, keeping fresh air circulating to keep your attic cool and dry. These elements can’t be compromised; otherwise, costly roof repairs will need to be enacted to protect your investment.
Flat Roof Membranes
- When you have a flat roof membrane system, your roofing system will be susceptible to several different threats that will impact the roofing system as a whole. Ponding is a build-up of water at a flat spot on the roof. The puddle acts as a host for mould, mildew, and algae to grow unfettered. It can create damage if allowed to freeze; then, it creates cracks in the membrane allow leaks to become a reality. A flat roof will see an accumulation of debris and that blocks drainage ducts. In the winter, the debris pile will freeze and re-freeze and, in the process, damage the membrane. The sun is the enemy of a flat roof, it will cause the membrane to shrivel like an alligator’s skin, and that is when cracks and splits form, allowing water easy access to your building. As buildings settle, it causes a loss of alignment of the roof membrane, and it will buckle if not correctly installed. If you see the problem take action immediately, or you could be in for a costly re-roof sooner than you expected.
- A flat roof is a single membrane, and wind damage is its Achilles heel. If the wind lifts a corner of a flat roof, just a few additional blasts could lift a wide swath of the membrane causing significant damage to your structure.
- Leaks are a constant threat to any roofing system, and a flat roof membrane is no exception. Damaged flashing can be a primary cause of leaks as poor installation, inferior quality materials, and old age are factors that contribute to roof leaks.
Snow and Ice Dam Removal
- In the winter, snow accumulates on your roof, creating extra weight for the roof to bear. One thing, though, the roof wasn’t designed to assume the load that the weight of the snow presents. Our company, Integrity Roofers, has a wealth of experience removing unwanted snow from your roof to keep it in great shape to face the elements. When ice dams will form at the eavestrough due to poor or no insulation in the attic of your home. During the day, heat from inside the house leaks through to the roof. It will melt the snow, and water will run to the gutters. As night falls in the winter, the water will re-freeze, creating ice dams. They will weigh heavily on your eavestroughs and pull them away from the side of the building. When the need for our service has been determined, we at Integrity Roofers will come to your home and remove the ice that has built-up and save your eavestroughs from damage.
Attic Air Sealing and Weatherizing
- You lose a significant amount of heat through your roof if you haven’t taken the proper steps to stop heat leaks. Sealing up your home doesn’t happen in just the attic; there are many other areas where you can prevent heat leaks from occurring. Light fixtures, wiring installations, plumbing stacks, staircases/lowered ceilings, attic doors/pocket doors, ducts and fans, cathedral ceilings, connections between additions, and partitions/perimeters and balloon wall frames need to be air sealed. It saves money when you do. The advantages that sealing your attic are: Temperature control and accuracy, cost containment as no hot or cooled air escape the home, reduced carbon footprint due to reduced use of fossil fuels, your attic insulation works for you, prevents wood rot because no moist air enters the attic and it prolongs your roof’s life.
Attic Insulation and Ventilation
- Insulation and ventilation are a form of protection that every homeowner needs. Due to the constant climate changes, insulation helps regulate temperature, and the ventilation helps reduce the build-up of warm air in the attic that causes wood rot. The right amount of insulation is what keeps temperatures relative to the outdoors and stops leaks of cool or warm air in your home. When insulation is combined with ventilation, you can save thousands of dollars on your utility bills through energy conservation. When your HVAC unit is working less, it will last longer, which is another benefit of attic insulation. When you keep warm air from melting snow on your roof, ice dams will be prevented from forming and damaging your eavestrough. There are two types of attic insulation – cellulose and spray foam – and they both come with excellent benefits. When cellulose is added to the walls, floors, ceilings, and attic, it gives you a warmer home in the winter and a cooler home in the summer. Spray foam is the perfect seal as it covers everything, and drafts and leaks are a thing of the past when you install it. If blown-in insulation is what you chose, the old insulation needs to be removed before new insulation is installed.
- At Integrity Roofers, we specialize in the removal of old insulation and the installation of new insulation. We have a dedicated team that is highly respected for their prowess in solving even the most complex insulation problems. We offer a checklist to keep your attic insulation in the best condition possible. Start with a bi-yearly inspection. Remove dust and debris; it impairs air quality. Mould and mildew cause respiratory problems, vermin and insect infestation will harm insulation when they nest. Odours are a telltale sign of problems, and an increase in utility bills should tell you something is amiss in your attic. Asbestos might be in your home if it was built before 1975; if you have it needs to go immediately.
Damage from Insect or Animals
- Animals and insects will nest wherever they can find a home. If you have an opening in your roofing system, the attic is the first place they go to nest and proliferate. With a roof maintenance plan, you can detect entryways and have your roofing contractor, Integrity Roofers, come to your home and repair and the potential damage. We will seal all entryways that have allowed vermin to enter your home. Our roof maintenance plan is an absolute necessity for any homeowner who wants to prevent costly repairs with careful attention to detail.
Rosedale Roofing Diagnostic Services
- Roofing inspections should be conducted inside and out. Sure, you want to keep a close on the shingles, eavestrough, fascia, soffit, and flashings, but there is more. On the inside of your home is where the roof’s condition is critical. The trusses maintain structural integrity. The decking keeps the moisture out. The underlayment is the ice guard for the roof. It is important to protect the roof with inspections to see if the ancillary parts are performing as they should.
Consulting and Assessments
- Roofing systems need to be evaluated by a professional contractor. He will ensure that all parts are working as they should, and any problems are detected early. That is why you need the services of Integrity Roofing. We specialize in identifying problems and proposing solutions before the situation gets out of hand through our professional consultation and assessment process. We visit your home, examine the roof and all components, and determine where problems lie and ones that come to the forefront over time. We will offer solutions that will extend the life of your roof.
Infrared Thermal Imaging
- Technology has brought to market an infrared camera that we at Integrity Roofers use to measure heat loss at your home. The camera permits us to find precisely where the heat leaks are, and we direct our efforts to prosecute the problem with vigour. Preventing heat leaks saves money and the environment, and it isn’t a step that should be eliminated from our exhaustive consultation/assessment process.
When You Need Us, We Will Be There
Your roof is your home’s life’s blood and protects your family and investment. At Integrity Roofers, we want you to know we can service any issue that might arise at your home, business, or commercial property. We have over 20-years of experience serving the Greater Toronto Area with expert technicians and the best materials money can buy. We offer excellent labour and materials warranty to guarantee the work is the best money can buy. We want to invite you to reach out to us to discuss any roofing problem you may have at your building. For a professional estimate that comes with a consultation, call our office at Integrity Roofers today at 416.736.7373.