Is there a need to wash your commercial roof?
August 5, 2019
When you operate a commercial facility, your responsibilities run across the board. One of the most important responsibilities that you have is the care and maintenance of your roof it is the first and only line of protection against the elements. When we fail to address our responsibilities, we will need the services for commercial roofing in Toronto. A small step to ensuring that you don’t need a commercial flat roofing replacement at your business is to wash the roof periodically. A flat metal roof in Toronto can have water pooling or ponding in some areas due to many factors. Once the water pools fungus and algae grow in the pools. Washing your roof will eliminate the problem before it spreads, keeping your flat roof pristine in the face of all that affects it. If you don’t maintain your commercial flat roof, you may need the services of a roofing company in Toronto, and that is when the bottom line will take a hit.
All the reasons why you should wash your roof
- A roof, like any asset in your commercial building, will see better performance when it is washed. The membrane will enjoy a longer life, you will have lower roof temperatures that can be a source of trouble, and it will reduce energy use. When you have a white membrane on the top of your building, it reflects UV rays, and that, in turn, will keep roof temperatures lower. It also helps your rooftop HVAC system run under less stress.
- Moisture is the scourge of many things and for a roof especially a metal one it can be the kiss of death. Ponding is a very real threat to a flat roofing system, and if you have debris build-up, it will hold water creating the ponding problem. Blistering and splitting are other problems that ponding creates, and once an opening is created, rust will follow, as will leaks.
- A roof can be a source of fire; a clean roof that has little or no fuel resting on it because it has been cleaned will reduce the risk of fire damage to the facility.
- When you clean your commercial roof, in essence, you are performing an inspection for potential damage. Regular cleaning will help identify small problems before they become devastating financial realities that require a full-scale repair, or worse a complete installation.
- In certain sectors of the economy like food processing for example a building operator will be required to meet the building code. Cleaning your roof will help keep you on the straight and narrow with provincial guidelines when a professional is responsible for the work.
- To keep your roof sealed, professional cleaning is the best way to remove the build-up of debris that has accumulated on the roof over the years. Once you have cleaned your roof once, every time thereafter, it becomes significantly easier to do.
- The last thing a professionally cleaned roof provides is an improvement in the aesthetic look of your business. A clean roof makes a statement about how you handle your business, and your customers are sure to pick-up on it.
When your commercial roof needs to be cleaned, there is only one company in the Greater Toronto Area to carry out the work, our company, Integrity Roofers. We are licensed, trained, and insured for all forms of roofing and roof maintenance in the GTA. We have been in business for many years, and we provide top-quality service for all your roofing needs. Call our office today to obtain a free quote for your roof cleaning at Integrity Roofers at 647.953.9365.